Sunday, March 6, 2011

I did it...

This last week has consisted of: chopping my hair off, eating moldy bread, starting into the general school program, BYU basketball game, playing volleyball, stake conference, and watching the crazy, but awesome movie, Thoroughly Modern Millie.

Each week in school we have a guest artist. Someone from around the area comes for two hours and talks to us, maybe does a demonstration. They could be a sales rep. for products, or someone that does make up, or a hair stylist. Well, this week it was Patrick from Shep's, which is a high end salon here in Provo. He asked who had curly hair so i raised my hand, thinking he would just do some fun style with it. But when I got up there he asks if I am willing to do a drastic change. I said, uh, sure. Funny, because that day I was wanting to get my hair cut. I sit down, and he grabs all my hair in his hands and starts cutting. I was on the verge of tears. I didn't realize how attached to my hair I was. He cut it all super crazy and when he styled it, I felt it and it was SHORT. But that was mostly because of all the curl. I ran to the bathroom to look at it and I didn't like it. It was so short and curly. All the girls were telling me it looked cute and they loved it. As the day went on, I played with it a little bit and it flattened out to where I actually liked it. I think he cut about 8 or 9 inches off. Crazy! But its's hair, It'll grow back. That's a big reason why I'm even in cosmetology school. Along with that, on Tuesday we started our classes. We have a cutting class, a color class, and then a general education/business class. Each class is a different day for about 2 hours. When we aren't in class, we get to work on theory or our worksheets which have our required things we have to do each month. I am still absolutely loving school!

Yes, I ate moldy bread. I made a nice peanut butter and honey sandwich, and I knew I had had that bread for a little while, but i didn't see any spots on it. It did taste a little funny though. That night I decided I wanted toast with my hot chocolate...I pulled a piece out and bam! Big spot of mold. Gross!

BYU played their last season basketball game on Saturday against Wyoming. The Marriott Center was filled with people. It was so loud and crazy. It was senior night, and if you know anything about BYU basketball, then you've heard of Jimmer Fredette. He is one of the top scorers for BYU and the Mountain West Conference, and will most likely go down in history with Danny Ainge. There have been rumors that they will retire his jersey. We won, with a score of 102 to something. I dont remember what. During one of the timeouts, the student section did a flash mob dance. Here it is!

Anyways, winning this game made BYU the Mountain West Conference champions. Technically, they are tied in first with San Diego, but since we beat them twice, we are the champs :) They are off to Las Vegas this next week to play in the tournament.

Oh! Big news in the Hartman family Brian's wife Jenn just had her twins on Thursday! Sophie and Charlotte. :) They are both absolutely adorable. They were 5 weeks early so were put into NICU, but they seem to be doing pretty well. I just wish they didn't live all the way in Toronto so I could see them!

I am so grateful to have the life that I do, and be surrounded by the people that I am. I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason, and if we put our trust and faith in Jesus Christ, and our Heavenly Father, that all things will work out for our good and benefit.


"Come what may, and love it" -Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
Definitely worth the time to read it. such an inspiring talk.


1 comment:

  1. Jenn, you are an amazing daughter of our Heavenly Father and I feel priviledged to have the blessing of raising you and having you be a part of our family. I love you with all my heart!! Love Mom XOXO

    ReplyDelete